Do I need an appointment?
Yes - our surgeons only consult on certain days.
Call: 03 9078 2184 / 03 9326 0338
Fax: 03 9372 0069 (Fax your referral letter and we’ll call you to make an appointment).
Do I need a referral?
Yes. You will need a referral letter from:
- Your family doctor
- a general practitioner; or
- another medical specialist.
3 Ways to send us your referral letter:
- Send an eReferral
We will then call you to arrange an appointment.
Is your condition urgent?
Let us know and we’ll give you priority. Note: Make sure your referral letter is current so you can claim your Medicare Rebate for your consultation and any surgery fees (even if you are returning to see a surgeon for a review).
A general practitioner's referral letter has a 12 months validity period. A specialist referral is valid for a period of 3 months.
What should I bring to my first visit?
- The referral letter from your GP or other treating specialists
- All X-rays, CT or ultrasound scans, recent blood tests
- Your regular medications (or a list of your medications)
- Public patients: Medicare card
- Private patients: Medicare card, private health insurance card, DVA card, health care card, pension card (if applicable)
- Workcover or TAC patients: employer/insurer details including your claim number.
- Details of what your health fund covers.
- List of questions for the surgeon
How early should I arrive?
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your appointment to register your details.
What is the clinic’s policy to a patient’s wait time?
Your time is equally valuable to us and we make every effort to run on time. However, our surgeons sometimes run behind schedule due to emergencies or patients who may require more time due to complex conditions.
These can cause scheduling delays beyond our control. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
I need to cancel an appointment. What should I do?
Call us during business hours. Give us at least 24 hours notice so we can offer your appointment time to patients on our waiting list.
Note: A cancellation fee will be charged at our discretion if you fail to turn up to your appointment without letting us know.